We use an Emergent Curriculum approach at Tir Na Nog Childcare. We have monthly themes that the teachers customize for each age group of children.
AREAS IN WHICH CHILDREN LEARN
- Art: self-expression, fine motor, pre-writing, language, colors, sorting, cutting, cooperation, creativity, textures, thinking skills.
- Science: thinking skills, observation, data collecting, experiment, language, predictions, team work, problem solving.
- Puzzles: thinking skills, fine motor, cooperation, social skills, eye-hand coordination, language, resolving conflict and using words.
- Blocks: thinking skills, shapes, sizes, building, engineering, sorting, lifting, problem solving, trial and error, listening, social emotional, Legos-fine motor skills, observing, planning, problem solving.
- Dramatic Play: imagination, cooperation, self-expression, problem solving, social skills, emotional skills, sharing, role playing.
- Creative Play: sorting, cooperation, imagination, social interaction, problem solving, sharing, language & communication, fine motor skills.
- Library: cooperation, imagination, word recognition, love of words, self-expression, letters/numbers, sounds, vocabulary.
- Water/Sand Table: cause and effect, volume, size, quantity, more or less, language, textures, problem solving, sharing, social/emotional skills.