The Land of the Young Preschool & Pre-K is a privately owned school located within the childcare center of Tir Na Nog Childcare. Please click here to contact us and schedule a tour!
Our center follows the Reggio Emilia approach, which allows teachers to create an open-ended curriculum as well as the classroom they have always dreamed of. The curriculum must meet the emotional, physical, cognitive, and social needs of both the individual child and the group.
Accreditation, Certification & Training
We are in the Self-Study phase of accreditation of The National Accreditation Commission for Early Learning Leaders. Our teachers are Teacher Certified through the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care.
We keep our student/teacher ratios lower than the mandated state regulations. This gives the students more attention from the teachers and assistant teachers-promoting learning and self help skills.
Our caring teachers and assistant teachers are all background checked and fingerprinted.
All staff is trained in First Aid and CPR, 5 Rights of Medicine Administration, Look Before you Lock, Reducing the risk of SIDs in Childcare, Introduction to Early Education and Care, Recognizing common side effect and adverse reactions of medication training, The Importance of Positive Interactions, Growing Healthy Smiles in the Childcare Setting, Oral Health in Early Education and Care, USDA/Choking training, Child Guidance Training. All Staff is required to take many more hours of trainings per year.
We pride ourselves in our communication with our families through face-to-face discussions, parent teacher conferences, daily phone calls, online communication, a daily communication board and student daily communication folders along with parent & family communication folders, as well as each classroom has it’s own closed Facebook group for daily information. We also provide a monthly newsletter from each classroom and the office.
Events & Community Service
- We participate in many community service events. We have an ongoing year round event helping our friends at the Natick Service Council.
- We host a St. Jude’s bike-a-thon once a year in our large parking area where we create a bike track with lots of fun and music.
- We also embark on Natick Center field trips where we visit the Fire Department and Police Department ending our trip with a picnic on the Natick Common and ice cream at Park Street on the common.
- We offer a tumbling with Broadway Bound Dance Center, weekly.
- Our students are offered the opportunity to join Jiu Jitsu class on Tuesdays with Metrowest Academy of Jiu Jitsu
- We offer “Parents Night Out” with care for the children on a Friday night (at an added expense) extended hours with a pajama party and movie night for those families who chose sign up and enjoy.
- Fall apple picking where we are joined by our friends from Keefe Tech Early Childhood Education Program.
- Stacey Peasley visits us monthly to sing with us and teach us about music and movement.
- Outside play on our large playground is surrounded by wooden privacy fence where we use all natural products to promote imaginative play twice a day and enjoy water play on warm summer days and often enjoy picnic lunches.
- Halloween is celebrated with a center wide costume party and parade with our neighbors, families and classroom pumpkin decorating contest and a teacher costume contest.
- St Patrick’s Day with Larry the Leprechaun and lots of fun, music, green food and drinks!!
- July 4th Red, White and Blue Bike Parade
- Pre-K Mother’s Day Tea and Father’s Day afternoon snack
- Pre-K celebrates a wonderful graduation ceremony for the children and families moving on to Kindergarten.
- Morning and afternoon snack is provided, with home lunch provided by families. Pizza Friday with Comella’s Pizza is available for those families who would like to participate.
- We are open year round from 7am to 6pm Monday through Friday and are located directly outside of Natick Center with plenty of parking.